Sunday, December 10, 2006

What An Amazing Day!!


Today was a great day for me. Earlier in the week, I asked my friend Travis if I could come with him to his church in North Carolina. After a while, he told me that I could... just have to get up early and be ready to go by 7:00. lol So, when I got up this morning, it was 6:15. I was surprised at myself because I didn't set my alarm! I suppose it was just the excitement I must've had. We drove all the way... 2 1/2 hours. I'm glad I'm such a patient person. I got to meet his girlfriend Jessica while we were there. She's so sweet!! The two of us hit it off pretty well, I'd say. I also got to meet his parents and his brother. I can tell where Travis gets his sweetness from... as well as his sillyness. (laughs) No offense, my friend. Anyway, when we all got to the church (wow! the smallest church I've ever seen!) we started having bible study together first. We talked about when man first sinned. After that, the welcome of new people (pretty much me) and praise songs started. Travis played his own version of "O, Holy Night" for special music today. That was the most remarkable version I've ever heard in my life!! After that, we had some real worship time. It just got to the point where I fell on my knees. I could feel God's presence so strong when we were singing!! I have to say, I love small churches now. There isn't a really big bunch of people to keep up with and worship is so much more intimate. There was a lady who taught today's sermon today. (Travis, you have to tell me her name again. lol) It was about choosing the High Life (God's way) or the Low Life (the World's way). It was really good. After that, we got ready to go to a parade they had there. It was so much fun to watch all the floats and bands go by. It was time for us to go after about an hour and a half. Travis and Jessica didn't want to part, but sadly they had to. I really felt for them then.

After we said our goodbye's, Travis and I got into the car so we could go back to Liberty. We talked and listened to music on the way. About an hour away I was feeling sleepy, so I shut my eyes for a little bit. Travis started singing praise songs and I decided to join in. It woke me right up! I like the harmony we have together. I can't wait until we start collaborating one of these days. That's going to be such fun. When we got back, it was choir call time: last night of the Living Christmas Tree performance. It turned out real well and we were all glad it was over. lol When we were finished and waiting to get out of the tree, my thought was "when I see Travis, I'm going to run up to him and hug him." Of course, that's exactly what I did.(chuckles) Travis and I were so ready to eat because we hardly ate a thing all day long. We went to the rot, met up with a couple of my friends after a while and ate together. That was a lot of fun.

I thank God for such a wonderful day today. I also thank God that I have Travis for a really good friend... one of the best friends I've ever had in my life. I also thank God for Jessica. I love how we got attached to each other so quickly! lol I can't wait to get to know her even more as time goes on.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you so much for everything that has happened today. Thanks so much for sending Travis into my life. He's such a blessing to me and it touches my heart that I have him for a friend. Thank you so much! Thank you also for Jessica. I love her like she was my own sister. Of course, she is my sister in Christ. I suppose that's close enough. (laughs) Bless her immensly, Father. Keep her safe wherever she goes. May all these special memories be close to my heart always. You did it all Lord God. You showed me through dear friends that there is a true heart of worship no matter where you go, no matter how big the church is, or how much time is spent praising you. I live to praise You, my Lord and Savior. May I never stray away from that. Thank you Lord. In Jesus' Name I pray, amen. (12:35 am)

No comments: