Sunday, December 03, 2006

A Lot To Think About... Maybe


There's been so much on my mind lately; Philosophy, Biology, Music Theory, Aural Skills, Worship class, so much stuff! Now I have the Living Christmas Tree to add on to it this year. All I can do is pray and thank God that I can rely on Him for the strength to keep on going. Lately, I've been hanging out with a friend that keeps me encouraged, is great company and makes me laugh a lot. His name is Travis Davis and if he didn't see this blog coming, it will probably take him by surprise. (laughs) I told him once that I have many friends, but there are few people I call best friends. After that, he asked me "well, what does that mean?" and I told him, "you're one of those few." He seemed pretty touched by that. It's the truth though. I couldn't ask God for a better friend. When he goes home to minister at his church, I miss him. When I see him before or after we're done in the tree, I'm always happy to see him. (sighs) I'm such a mess sometimes when it comes to describing friends that really stick out in my memory. I'm not afraid to admit that. Heck, I'm always a mess! What am I talking about? The thing is, whenever a certain friend comes into my deep thoughts, I write about them. It's just something I do. I hope and pray that everything will pretty much stay the same in this case. I don't want a thing to change. To Travis: you truly are a blessing to me and a joy to be around. Thank you for listening to me when I had something to say. Thanks so much for sticking by me when I needed someone in times of trial (namely, my tug-of-war between you know who). I thank my Heavenly Father for you and I pray that God will bless you just as much as He has blessed me when He put you into my life. Hmm... He might have started that already when Jessica came into the picture. (chuckles) You and Jess are in my prayers always. May God bless you and keep you safe wherever you go.

Prayer: God, I thank you so much for everything; your loving kindness, tender mercies and hope for the future. I pray now for Travis and Jessica. May their relationship be surrounded by your grace. I thank you for your angels encamped round about them, protecting them wherever they go. Thank you also for giving me the chance to be at this great university. May I never forget what you brought me here for. Help me Father to keep my mind at ease about different things, whether it be tests, relationships or anything else. May my mind be at rest because I know I'm safe in your arms. Thank you Lord for everything and everyone you've blessed me with. I love you so much. In Jesus' Name I pray, amen. (4:40 am)

No comments: