Thursday, December 07, 2006

Divine Intervention Looks Coincidence in the Eye

I had a very interesting night last night. I was in my dorm room listening to music and relaxing. Boy it feels good to relax for a change! I heard my phone ringing and I said to myself "I bet I know who this is." I was thinking it was Sean because he calls me all the time. I said "hello?" and all of the sudden this music starts playing. There was no one saying anything in response. Just this random music. After that, I heard a phone ringing. I thought "ok, that's weird." This person picks up the phone on that end and he's like "hello?" We start wondering what happened. He thought I called him and I know that I didn't. It was really weird. For a few minutes we talked about it and kept wondering how it happened, then we started laughing about it. We laughed a lot. lol Then we started introducing ourselves and told each other about our backgrounds. We have a lot of the same beliefs and think pretty much the same way. It was quite fascinating! What was also kinda weird was this; when we were talking, some random music would start playing. He was like, "are you playing that?" "No, I'm not" I said. He kept asking me if I was sure and I kept telling him I was. We laughed a lot after that. Anyway, his name is Brad and he lives not too far off from me on East 14. We exchanged dorm room numbers and decided that we're going to meet each other tonight during open dorms. That's going to be interesting. We don't know how this came about but we're both glad it did. Brad told me that he needed a break at the time anyway. He was working on a paper then. I don't know what's to come of this meeting but it sounds like it might be the start of a fun friendship. I named this blog "Divine Intervention looks Coincidence in the Eye" because we think it might've been God who had something to do with this in some way. Also, he doesn't believe in coincidence so we just called it divine intervention. I'll probably write a follow-up blog later after open dorms tonight just to keep you posted.

Dear Lord, I have a question for you; was this all you? I know you want me to be single for a reason. I know that for a fact, but is this your way of telling me the reason why you wanted me to be single? I bring these questions to you now. I lay them down at your feet, my Heavenly Father. Help me Lord, to stay focused no matter what happens tonight. I love you so much and I know you wouldn't let me go on this journey of life alone. Thank you God, for being so faithful. You're the reason I live and breathe. In Jesus' Name I pray, amen. (4:13 pm)

No comments: