Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Another Poem for the Day














"The One"

You are gracious, Lord
You are holy and divine
You're always in my heart
You will forever be mine

You go before me
through every twist and every turn
You give me so much comfort
when the walls of my soul churn

My Lord, my God and Master
I know You will always be true
You've given me assurance and
told me to always follow You

"I'll never leave you, nor forsake you"
You have told me in Your Book
You told me You're the Way
and I mustn't, in any other direction, look

You're the Lord of my life
my One and Only Love
when I give my tithes and offerings
You send blessings from above

You told me that I will be blessed
wherever I go
whatever I needed,
before I asked, You said "I know"

You didn't say the road wouldn't be hard
You just said that I wouldn't go alone
You said "come along with me"
through the times I cried and moaned

You kept telling me to come
You gave me courage and strength
through every height, every depth
every width and every length

Every step of the way
You managed to pull me through
the road was rough, but
it didn't matter because I was with You

But there were times when I didn't listen
to Your calls of love and life
times when I disobeyed You
and I fell deep into strife

At the time I noticed
something was absolutely wrong
I asked for Your forgiveness and repented
where I was weak, You were strong

You forgave me right away
and tossed my sins right out
into the sea of forgetfulness
where there is no more grief or doubt

I thank You so much, Lord
for being faithful, righteous and just
You are gracious and loving
You are the One that I can trust! (3:11 pm)



No comments: