Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Stress...and yet, Perfect Joy Awaits Me


Well, I have to say these past couple of days have been crazy. I spent two nights in a row at the computer lab doing work, I have a biology test this afternoon, and I'm stressing over how I'm going to get home. My friend Richie might not be able to take me this time because his car seems pretty full. I hope and pray though that no matter what circumstances come my way, I will have perfect joy in the Lord. It says in Philippians 3:1, "Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe." No matter what happens, I can be still and know that God is God. It is also stated in chapter 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Yes, I use the King James Version if you haven't guessed that already. (laughs) For those of you who stress over the finals you have and how much studying you have to do for them, don't worry! God has your back. He's there with you making sure you do well. Sure, you have to do the work which includes studying, but remember that God is with you. Gosh, I have to tell myself that. There are times when I forget and the finishing results don't come out so well. I have to realize that whatever trial or hard time I face, God is there with me. He is the light at the end of my tunnel. He's the One who holds me in His arms when I need a shoulder to cry on. He leads me on and tells me to always trust Him no matter how rough the terrain along the way. Stress comes, but then perfect joy awaits me.

Dear Lord, I thank you for helping me realize this today. I pray to you Father for your mighty hand to take over my life. Help me to become more like you. May I never forget what I've been put on this earth to do. I've been called to worship you in spirit and in truth. May I never stray away from that. I want your precious word to be pure in my mind and in my spirit always. I love you, Lord. I delight in serving you all the days of my life. In Jesus' mighty Name I pray, amen. (2:22 pm)

No comments: