Saturday, January 21, 2006

Hmm.....

Well, I'm making another attempt to go back to Virginia. Why didn't I go earlier this week? Because I was getting over this bad cold. It was terrible but I thank God for my healing. I missed a couple of classes but I'll do my very best when I actually attend class this upcoming week. (sighs) There's just so much that's about to go on in my life, I just feel it. I know God is going to do something so great in my life and truly bless me in everything I do. I'm thinking about a song by one of my favorite group the Newsboys. The chorus part goes; "turn your eyes upon Jesus. Look full in His wonderful face and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the Light of His Glory and Grace." Now I'm thinking about how so many parts of Christian culture turned into the world's ways. In our Christian music, we have different genres like Rock, Pop, Rap and we all put Christian in front of those genres. I won't lie though, I like a lot of that kind of music but it's so sad that we turned our ways to the world. It says in the Bible that we are "....in the world but not OF the world." I put a hard knock on the word "of" because it looks like many of us who are Christian think we are OF the world!

There are so many things that are of the world that some people just don't realize. There are the Harry Potter books, Furby toys, beanie babies, Tickle-me-Elmo........ there are quite a few others but I can't think of them right now. Harry Potter is a good example of a thing of the world because I've heard some stories about how some people use those books and do real witchcraft!! That is not such a good thing.:o( I feel very saddened by that because some of my friends read those books and I know what's in them even though I haven't read them myself. I watch this program called The 700 Club. They give you Christian guidelines, Biblical worldviews, what's really happening in the world, Christian political views, stuff like that. My mom watches that show a lot and I sometimes watch it with her. During a certain part of the program, they have prayer time. That's when they read people's praises and prayer requests. They then start praying and get words of knowledge. Those are words from God about something that's happening or is about to happen to a person who has maybe a body problem and they receive their healing. Wow! It's amazing how one thing can lead to another when you're writing. I guess that's one of the things I'll face.

Anyway, I know I can't tell my friends what I know about Harry Potter because they might not believe me or will think I'm evil for thinking that way about the books but I know what I can do for them and that's pray for them as well as give them a good example. I want my life to be a complete reflection of God's Love. I want God's Grace to shine throughout my whole being. I know I'll always like listening to music by Newsboys and looking at movies like Spiderman but I'll know who to give first-place to in my life and that's my loving Heavenly Father. Jesus Christ my Brother and Friend, Thank You for being so faithful, righteous and true. You truly are my Main Inspiration and my Sweetest Blessing. I think I'll start writing a song about that. Thank You again, my Dear Jesus. See how the Lord can bless you when you're in a quiet spot just writing your heart out? It's so amazing and envigorating! Be blessed one and all.



No comments: