Friday, January 27, 2006

The ball goes up and down......

Well, my classes are done for the day and it's time to go back to the dorm soon. I don't know whether to be glad about it or fret about it because I like doing class projects and this particular one came to an end. We'll see later what it does to my grade. I'm visualizing now this ball that keeps going up and down...just up and down. You know the term "drop the ball" right? Well, it seems this visualization is me trying to keep the ball up as much as possible but some little thing gets in the way like socializing, sending emails, facebook, facebook......yes, facebook takes up a lot of my time. I was just on it a few minutes ago adding a new friend to my list. I love how more people want to be my friend and I like the incredible feeling I get when someone writes on my wall or sends me a message but is it really worth it all??

It should be God who should be on my throne. I heard Rob Jackson speak at Campus Church this past Wednesday about that very topic and it pretty much opened my eyes to things but I ask myself, "did I really take it in as much as I should have?" I really have to focus on what matters when it comes to spending time with God, doing my schoolwork and helping out friends. Matthew 6:33 comes to mind here: "But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you." That's an amazing scripture. I know I'm not perfect....hold it a second. Another thing comes to mind here; I heard that "perfect" simply means "mature." I need to have that kind of maturity if I'm to make it in life. I'm a child of God, was born in sin but made brand new because of Jesus' blood that was shed for me. I have to start showing that in my everyday life. I intend to show my love for God in everything I do whether it be schoolwork, prayer time or encouraging others. Dear God, may Your heavenly Light shine upon me as I keep on seeking after You and Your righteousness. Thank You Lord for Your Son Jesus. Thank You for everything! In Your Name I pray, amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your writing is really improving! Good job.