Monday, January 29, 2007

God on the Throne - Picture of Holiness


Tonight's service for Spiritual Emphasis Week was amazing!! It all started with a few worship songs and you could just feel God move. It was so evident! I felt led to fall on my knees Meredith Andrews sang the Revelation Song. It moved me to tears. Not too long after that, Dr. James McDonald started speaking. His message was entitled "God on the Throne - Picture of Holiness" and he brought up some main points that really hit home for me. Point #1; Holiness describes Separation. We need to have a fresh, heartfelt sense of God's holiness. His Glory is so indescribable that no word in the English language can explain it fully. Ezekiel had a heck of a time doing it in chapter 1. The view of God containing His holiness is lost in our churches today. We need to realize that God is holy and we are not. Point #2: Holiness Demands Caution. Isaiah 6:2-3 reads "Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. 3: And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory." Dr. MacDonald also stated that holiness gives us a deep sense of our unworthyness. The expanse of God's holiness is so big, we cannot comprehend its true nature. We are unworthy and yet, God loves us so much. He wants to show us His glory.

Point #3: Holiness Declares Glory. Revelation 4:1-11 displays how the angels and heavenly hosts declared God's Glory. We need to declare God's Glory in our everyday life. As the angels cried out holy, holy, holy, the repetition of saying holy clearly shows force and drives the point across. The Glory of God is what emminates from His presence as heat is to water.

Finally, Point #4: Holiness Determines Mystery. The Lord God is a mysterious being. There is always a certain amount of mystery with Him. What we have to do is trust the mystery and keep on believing in Him. There may be something He doesn't tell us right away and we don't know what to expect, but we trust Him because He is God. After this enlightening message, Dr. MacDonald called everyone to pray and about 8 or 9 people got saved! It was so amazing! God is amazing. That's the main thing I realized that night. I'll never forget this experience I've had. It taught me this: God is Holy, full of Glory and no one can top Him! There is none like the Lord!!!

Dear Jesus, thank you so much for this time spent with you. May I never forget your holiness and your mercy. Thank you Lord for the fact that I'm here at Liberty doing what you commanded me to do. You have made me an encourager, a giver, a lover of others and, most importantly, a worshipper. May I continue to worship your holy Name in spirit and in truth like you have shown me last semester. I love you so much, my Heavenly Father. Let my heart sing your praise always and forevermore. In Jesus Mighty Name I pray, amen. (12:12 pm)

No comments: