Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Time of Lessons Learned


Well, so much has happened over the past couple of weeks. All this time I thought I was standing on my faith when I came back to school, but as it turns out, it was all about my will, what I wanted to do. I wasn't focusing on what God was trying to tell me and the results of that put quite a damper on things. Ever since I got back to Liberty, I was trying to find someone to co-sign for my loan so I could complete financial check-in for this semester but to no avail. This upcoming Monday, my classes will be dropped and I will have to go back home to Philadelphia. My mom called me this morning and told me that I should just come on home. At first I didn't want to believe her, but I knew in my heart that she was right. (Updating today) Despite all that is happening, I believe God has given me peace about this whole situation. I've had one of the best weekends ever. This past weekend was College For a Weekend and I had two weekenders in my room. It was really cool. The first one was Nadya from Ashville, North Carolina and the other was Karen from Pennsylvania. I forgot exactly what part. I didn't get to exchange contact info with Karen unfortunately, but I did get to do that with Nadya. I can't wait to keep in contact with her when I'm at home.:o) This weekend is also going to be very special because my dear friend Travis is taking me down to Roanoke Rapids, NC so I can minister with the song I wrote over break at his church. That is going to be the best weekend ever! I'm so excited!! See how I am here? No matter what is happening around me, I have learned to "count it all joy." (James 1:2) I truly thank God for all that has happened whether positive or negative. It has taught me to be happy no matter how dire the circumstances are.

Dear Jesus, I thank you so much for everything. I thank you for your faithfulness and your mercy. You died on the cross and shed your precious blood so that I could live. I truly don't deserve that. I am so unworthy of your grace and yet, you love me so much. Thank you also for teaching me what it really means to "count it all joy." May I keep on seeking after you daily. May I never stray away from your loving arms. I want to be in them forevermore. I love you so much, Jesus. You are the One I can count on during the hard times and happy times. In Your Mighty and Matchless Name I pray, amen. (2/16/07 - 2/19/07, 12:25 pm)

No comments: