Sunday, March 04, 2007

How Could I Be So Blind?

I have come to a realization today. I was in the kitchen washing the dishes and listening to music on my cd player. A little later I decided to switch cds and I listened to a song I sang with Thomas Road choir called "Cry Holy." I was singing along with it like I usually do since I knew the song so well. Suddenly, I decided to stop singing and start listening. As I listened, I closed my eyes and thought deep thoughts about what the words meant. It became so real to me, I almost cried. One line I especially meditate on goes like this: "When I'm on my face in my darkest night, I cry for a way to Your shining light. And Father, Your grace is greater than sin. Your mercy rains down and heals me again." It also made me think of what it really means to "fall on my knees and cry holy." I literally repented to God for forgetting that. In my time of singing with different choirs, I've gotten to know and love many songs that I have done with them. One thing though; I memorized all the music but how much did I take in the message of the songs themselves? One example: "We are not ashamed. No, we are not ashamed of the Gospel. The truth we will proclaim." What does that mean? It's telling people in the world that we are not ashamed to spread God's Word!! Another example: "Lord, You're holy. Lord, You're holy and we lift You up and magnify Your Name.... Wonderful! Glorious! Holy and Righteous! Victorious! Conquerer! Triuphant and Mighty! Healer, Deliverer, Shield and Defense! Strong Tower and my Best Friend! Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Soon Coming King! Alpha, Omega, Lord of Everything! Holy, holy, holy is Your Name!" What does that mean? It shows how grateful we are to Him and praising Him for all the things He is!!! I hope and pray that I won't forget this. Next time I sing a song in a choir (and I'm sure I will before long), I am going to think on what the song stands for and not just memorize the music.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank You so much for having me come to this realization. I know I was going to write a blog about the great weekend I had in NC, but this has thought has taken over. May I never forget how Wonderful You are, how Glorious You are, how Loving You are. I love You so much, my True and Beautiful Inspiration. You never cease to amaze me in my everyday life. In Jesus' Mighty and Matchless Name I pray, amen!(6:58 pm)

1 comment:

journeyman said...

very inspirational and religious.. i liked it.. its always like tht...sometimes song and music make us discover so much about so many things.. thx for visiting my blog