Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

Goodness! So much time has past since I last wrote on here but today is the start of great things to come. "Why" do you ask? Well, let me just get right down to it. Sit back, relax and enjoy this little post I'm putting up. Lately, I've been trying to get myself together as far as moving or looking for a new job is concerned. I haven't gotten very far yet but I'm still striving on. In fact, I'm so serious about it, I started a serious period of fasting and praying. During this time however, I wasn't just praying for me to move or get it all together. I was praying that my mom would accept my having a boyfriend. Just recently I took a trip to North Carolina to visit Travis and we had a great time. I realized just after I got on the train coming back home that I left my journal and a music tape that Travis and I put together. He told me he'd send them to me when he could. When he sent it, it took over a week. When it finally came, my mom took it. She later confessed to me that she listened to the tape. There was a song on it that Travis wrote for me and she heard that. Now she's accepting Travis and me being together. When we were done talking that day, all I could do was praise and thank God. :) It was so great hearing that! After all this time, there is a light at the end of my tunnel. Now I can happily say that I'm with my dear boyfriend and my mom is all right with it. Praise the Lord! What do I do now? This answer comes...more like a series of answers: live and breathe for God (that's a given), do what I can for my family (most definitely), keep on working towards a new job and apartment, love and care for my boyfriend and just keep everything in perspective. That's what I'll do day after day and most importantly, I'll just continue to praise and thank God for everything because if it wasn't for Him, everything about this situation would've stayed the same. Praise God forevermore!!

My dear Heavenly Father, I thank and praise You so much for all You've done. You're such an awesome God and I can't help but just be grateful. Thank You so much for changed hearts and sweet blessings. Thank You for giving me a reason for living...You are that reason. Thank You for Your love and mercy. May they surround me wherever I go. Thank You for my parents, my siblings, my boyfriend and his family. I love them all so very much. Shine Your light on them and may Your angels always protect them. Thank You also for just being the wonderful and merciful God You are. There is surely none like You. I love You so much, Lord Jesus and I give Your name all the praise, honor and glory forevermore. In Your mighty name I pray, amen!! (9:13 am)

No comments: