Monday, April 27, 2009

"How Is Your Faith?" That Is The Question

Did you ever come to a realization in your life, a time where you wanted to make sure you were going in the right direction? Well, that happened to me this past Sunday. My assistant pastor Curtis Hickson had a message entitled "How Is Your Faith?" and it just drew me. As I listened to the message, I wrote down these questions in my notes: "What is the condition of my faith? How strong is my faith?" I was actually asking myself these questions as I listened and to be quite honest, I felt a little shaken. Here lately, I've been trying to find a job and a place to live down in North Carolina and the one thing that always comes to mind is how much I miss my boyfriend and how much I want to be with him. I realize now that that's not how I should be. I'm not supposed to feel sad or downhearted because I'm so far away from him. I should thank and praise God because He's got it all under control. I should praise the Lord that He's faithful and I need to keep the faith in order to get things together. In Mark 11:22, Jesus told His disciples to "have faith in God." What He meant was have the faith OF God. I heard that quite a while ago but this time around, it became so real to me.

My assistant pastor read from Hebrews 10 (the whole chapter) and he illustrated very well on how it all ties together. He spoke on how in Old Testament days, they would use the blood of bulls, goats and sheep as sacrifices to the Lord for their sins every year (Heb. 10:1-6). Later it was in prophecy that the Lamb of God (Jesus) would come and sacrifice Himself "once for all," (vs. 10:10). Through His precious sacrifice, we are sanctified and called the children of God! Praise the Lord! Because of this, "the just shall live by faith" (vs. 38). I am called the just! There is no reason to feel down in the dumps! I shouldn't complain and mope because I am in a certain place and I want to be somewhere else. Jesus didn't complain when He was whipped, beaten and crucified! He went through it all so I could live in faith knowing that He is on my side! If I go on every day remembering this principle, I'll have all the confidence and strength I need to make it. That's true for all of us, I'm sure. I am making a declaration: I won't be sad or aching because I'm not where I want to be - I'll just keep the faith and know that God will bring me to where He wants me to be in His time.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank You so much for this awesome Word You've brought before me. I confess, I've been wrong in how I've been thinking lately. I've forgotten to put You first before everything and everyone and I truly and honestly repent of it. Thank You so much Lord for Your forgiveness. I pray Father God that I'll keep an open mind and be strong in faith. Thank You Lord for my family and my friends. Bless them and keep them safe. Thank You so much for my dear boyfriend Travis as well as his family. Wrap Your loving arms around them and bless them, I pray. Thank You for Your angels surrounding and protecting them. I also pray for my relationship with Travis. May we keep on being strong in faith and in truth as we keep on reading and meditating on the Word. No matter how far apart we are, we're always close because You are the center of our joy. Thank You Jesus! I give Your name praise, honor and glory forevermore. In Jesus' name I pray, amen!! (12:28 am)

No comments: